Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Hoffenheim (A)

Your team v Hoffenheim (A)

Didn't have the best view of yesterday's game so my opinion is open to correction (as always).
    Thought our fullbacks did alright tbh and was most dissapponted with Lovren and Hendo myself. Our defending set pieces was abysmal and our setup for defending corners was shocking. Personally prefer a more man marking than zonal setup balance myself, but regardless if people don't attack the ball well, more aggressively than their lads do, you have trouble.
    So minimal match review aside, I'm looking at picking a team with preseason still fresh in the mind.

Tactically I'd prefer to see a 4231 setup. Though I'll pop it into a 433 for those who seek that the more likely setup. Left back could be open to Milner/Robertson though I thought Moreno had a good game, seen comments he gave away the throwin for the second, but can't seem a throw in as a goal scoring opportunity without looking at the defensive setup. I'd bench Lovren , but can't really pick Sahko, I'd consider Klavan but well we simply need a 3rd CB pretty sharpish, so Lovren persists. Hendo does drop out as there are options- thought he looked sluggish and sloppy and lost his position too often when we didn't have possession. Had a little kick out at the pitch after their second, understandably frustrated, but as captain and 6/DM , he should be having a kick out/snap at our lads all day before the incident/goal and pitch. Pissed me off no end to concede so poorly and shortly after our equaliser in a rudderless first half.

Migs
    Taa Matip Lovren Milner(c)/Moreno/Robertson
    Can Wiji
    Salah Firmino Mane
    Solanke

Taa Matip Lovren Milner(c)/Moreno/Robertson
    Firmino Can Wiji
    Salah Solanke Mane

Mignolet
    Alexander-Arnold
    Matip
    Lovren
    Moreno
    Wijnaldum
    Henderson
    Milner
    Salah
    Firmino
    Mane

Karius Klavan Robertson
    Grujic Can Woodburn Solanke
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

Just saw that our opponents on Tuesday had the best record at set pieces in the german league last season, at both ends of the pitch.
    If football was meant to be played in the air, god would have put grass in the sky.

That bodes well.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Just saw that our opponents on Tuesday had the best record at set pieces in the german league last season, at both ends of the pitch.
    Would you alter your selection as a result of that ?
    Can for Hendo say ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Would you alter your selection as a result of that ?
    Can for Hendo say ?
    I don't know, i'm not very good with formations, I don't analyse things as much as I could do.

........................................Mignolet

Trent AA...............Matip......................Lovren ............Moreno

............................Henderson............. Can

......Salah............................Wijnaldum.. .............................Mane

......................................Firmino

Something like that I guess.

Not sure.

Given the value of away goals I want to go at them and also use some of our better ball-players. A high-scoring draw isn't awful here, more important to focus on scoring than "not conceding" but if we can play some keep-ball at times that would be great.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't know, i'm not very good with formations, I don't analyse things as much as I could do.
    Can wins more headers than Hendo, Solanke looks like he would too. That's what I'd suggest dropping hendo for to get more header winners in the side.
    Wiji got alot of flak for his header at the weekend and Can wasn't great on the first corner but Hendo rarely seems to win aerial contests imo, not sure if there's a stats for that available.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Can wins more headers than Hendo, Solanke looks like he would too. That's what I'd suggest dropping hendo for to get more header winners in the side.
    Wiji got alot of flak for his header at the weekend and Can wasn't great on the first corner but Hendo rarely seems to win aerial contests imo, not sure if there's a stats for that available.
    I think if you type in opta on google, you may get some answers. They seem to provide all sorts of stats on footballers.

Mignolet
    TAA Matip Lovren Robertson
    Hedo Milner
    Wijnaldum
    Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Karius, Solanke, Origi, Grujic, Can, Moreno, Klavan