Thread: 4 4 2

4 4 2

How do we like the new 4 4 2 formation?
    Difficult to tell how well it worked against a piss poor West ham team, but I don't ever remember Klopp using this system before. Of course a klopp 4 4 2 is quite different from how most managers employ it. It quickly became a 4 2 4, but when we were really pushing on it became a kind of 2 4 4 !
    I think it really suited Firmino, who had a fantastic game yesterday. It used to be that he had quiet games when Coutinho wasn't in the team, but now he seems to have really grown into his role in the team.
    It also shows the best aspects of Ox who is a very fluid player.
    Do you think we will continue with this or was it a one off to stop shipping so many goals, letting full backs more or less defend, putting two in front of the central defenders? (Thought Can and Wijnaldum did that excellent as well.)
    How will Coutinho and Lallana fit into this formation or you think Klopp will revert back when everyone is fit?

Didn't see the game myself, but suspect it's to help the defense. 433-41-23
    442/4222/424. Back 6>5

Just posted in another thread the question what's our best 11 matchday squad. I went

Ward
    Clyne Matip Gomez Moreno
    Lallana Can Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Karius Klavan Taa Henderson Wiji Oxtail Sturridge

I question when is everyone fit ? But there's obvious replacements on my bench.

Worst case scenario
    Migs/Karius
    Taa Lovren Klavan Robertson
    Milner Henderson Wiji
    Oxtail Sturridge Woodburn?

We are playing 4333 with Firmino is a playing at fake 9 don't we?

Again he is under rated by fans always, his play the fake 9 position well

see his worldie touch again West ham

https://streamable.com/zn42c

Obviously Jurgen gets his tactics from Mike Bassett,and it's not 4-4-2.
    It's 4-4 fucking 2 !!

Didn't see the game , but reading around seems many think we used the 4222 system employed by Monaco/Leipzig last year in their respective successes.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/11/exploring-jurgen-klopps-new-system-liverpool-fans-talking-tactics/

Good read. Having blathered on about 4231 loads this season myself already it seems that was Klopps main focus. Two sixes for the defense. And in the article they suggest amongst many opinions that we played a 4231. Klopp said it was a 442, though heat maps suggest it was a 424 or 4231. With bobby a false 9 and in this system 42? he's pretty much a ten.