Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Napoli v Liverpool

If this squad doesn’t get CL football next season then we will see many big names leave. This season could get much worse quickly. We all laughed at Chelsea or the Mancs but our turn could be in the wings if this isn’t righted soon. Klopp looks as tired as Milner’s legs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    This is a very good point , they all look shattered , literally like they have been on the piss all week, Robertson , Fabinho , VVD , Trent , firmino , all hugely laboured
    They have been like that since the league started. In the charity shield I feared for us but then we out a very good performance.
    Than against Fulham we looked so lethargic and it has continued on. I have said this in a few posts but are the whole squad knackered?

Some of them look like they have lead in their legs. Look at the 2nd goal and look at gomez, trent and fab. Not one looks like they can turn or even stick a leg out.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Its probably a bit of hysteria but at the moment it actually looks like Mane was carrying the whole team.
    End of last season I thought a midfielder or 2 and we'll be giving City a run again........
    Who knows - if we had gotten the right mids in, we might very well be chasing them.

Our side has been excellent over the last number of years as it is a system with multiple parts that have worked with cohesion.

Unfortunately if a few lads are off it simultaneously (and/or tired) and we can't rotate the fatigued lads who may have lost an edge of the hunger (must be draining trying to keep pace with Man City for years) then the problems are only going to snowball.

If the system is being failed by some of the "parts" not working, then there are 2 potential solutions.

1. Change the parts, via the transfer market.
    2. Change the system.

I think we need to do the latter. Doesn't necessarily have to be a massive change of style or philosophy, but we definitely need tweaks. Whether it's giving up on the offside traps, whether it's sitting deeper, whether it's having our full-backs under-lap, whether it's telling Salah and Diaz to operate more in the half-spaces - whatever it is, we need change.

Nunez isn’t the problem. If we’re honest, I think most of us wanted him and were glad/shocked when we got him.

The problem, is that fucking midfield which should have been sorted in the summer. #Newsflash
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If both centrebacks did their jobs there would be no need for him to be in there.
    Our back four have been worse ( If that's possible) than our makeshift midfield this season.
    Stop making excuses for him Ian, we're talking about simple basic DM play here, RCB or LCB (as v Newcastle) has to go out to cover an advanced full back, DM drops in and assumes the CB position, the CB having assumed the FB position, both against Newcastle and tonight Fab has done that brilliantly, then had a rush of blood and charged towards a ball he's getting nowhere near and let them play a man in easy to score, in both cases, it doesn't happen if he just has the basic DM understanding of the game and players positions that he needs to stay put

Both were really basic mistakes there really isn't any excuse for, but I didn't expect it would stop you or others from making them, at least a few more here are seeing the light and pointing them out
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Who knows - if we had gotten the right mids in, we might very well be chasing them.

Our side has been excellent over the last number of years as it is a system with multiple parts that have worked with cohesion.

Unfortunately if a few lads are off it simultaneously (and/or tired) and we can't rotate the fatigued lads who may have lost an edge of the hunger (must be draining trying to keep pace with Man City for years) then the problems are only going to snowball.

If the system is being failed by some of the "parts" not working, then there are 2 potential solutions.

1. Change the parts, via the transfer market.
    2. Change the system.

I think we need to do the latter. Doesn't necessarily have to be a massive change of style or philosophy, but we definitely need tweaks. Whether it's giving up on the offside traps, whether it's sitting deeper, whether it's having our full-backs under-lap, whether it's telling Salah and Diaz to operate more in the half-spaces - whatever it is, we need change.
    I don't see that happening though Sid. Klopp is a creature of habit and will more than likely stick to what we're doing. Thiago should make us look much better but keeping him fit is another story altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Stop making excuses for him Ian, we're talking about simple basic DM play here, RCB or LCB (as v Newcastle) has to go out to cover an advanced full back, DM drops in and assumes the CB position, the CB having assumed the FB position, both against Newcastle and tonight Fab has done that brilliantly, then had a rush of blood and charged towards a ball he's getting nowhere near and let them play a man in easy to score, in both cases, it doesn't happen if he just has the basic DM understanding of the game and players positions that he needs to stay put

Both were really basic mistakes there really isn't any excuse for, but I didn't expect it would stop you or others from making them, at least a few more here are seeing the light and pointing them out
    I asked you last week about this.
    Who approaches Longstaff? And why was VVD out near Robertson covering one man? What about Hendo's positioning?
    The whole thing was much more than just Fabinho.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Jaysus vvd was a disgrace along with Gomez and Fabinho tonight recwarching the analysis here. Baffling stuff.
    I got a feeling he's not fit....but has to play.....he just looks really leggy

Is it too many games? Too many games with too many of the same players? The same group that's been worked like dogs for years?
    Or is it something else?
    I feel we've relied on the same group for too long and now its biting us.
    thats what i said....think how much time Keita....OxO and Thiago spend injured.....the tired old faces have been picking up the slack and they look burnt out

I don't see that happening though Sid. Klopp is a creature of habit and will more than likely stick to what we're doing. Thiago should make us look much better but keeping him fit is another story altogether.
    Klopp himself spoke of us having to "reinvent ourselves" after the game so we will see.

I can understand some lads being mentally deflated after last season's near misses with the Champion's League and the Premier League. On the physical side of tiredness I see Diaz playing with a lot of energy having played a LOT last season (let's not forget he was starting for Porto) and it does make you think on the mental exasperation side of things with how valuable every point seems to be.

We need to find a way. Klopp has a Hell of a lot of managerial experience and I would back him to turn things around.

It might get worse before it gets better, looking at the fixture list. But if we can weather this spell coming up it will inspire confidence.

As for Europe..... usually need 10 points. Probably need a win and a draw against Ajax with two wins against Rangers if we want to have Champion's League knockout football for February - which is a long way off, so by hook or by crook I hope we can scrape through.