Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Napoli v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Its probably a bit of hysteria but at the moment it actually looks like Mane was carrying the whole team.
    End of last season I thought a midfielder or 2 and we'll be giving City a run again........
    To now feeling like the team has run its race and needs a major rebuild. Fickle? Probably but it feels like a million miles off that last few weeks of last season where we were in a high.
    For me Van Dijk from a defensive perspective carries us. Henderson from a leadership point of view but since h8s game has gone it is irrelevant to shout at tethers whilst you making the same mistakes. From an attacking point of view Mane offered alot. Did lots of things that occupied defenders made them think, made them sit deep etc. So we are missing him massively. However players move on and he was 30. I loved him the most of all the players but I am okay with him going .

Just feel overall Klopp is missing a trick overall. He needs to adapt to what he has. Same as when he first came. He identified what would work with what he had. He made Bobby the 9 and augmented our player to accommodate him first with he Fab 4 of Llalana, Mane, Couts Bobby and Ox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    For me Van Dijk from a defensive perspective carries us. Henderson from a leadership point of view but since h8s game has gone it is irrelevant to shout at tethers whilst you making the same mistakes. From an attacking point of view Mane offered alot. Did lots of things that occupied defenders made them think, made them sit deep etc. So we are missing him massively. However players move on and he was 30. I loved him the most of all the players but I am okay with him going .

Just feel overall Klopp is missing a trick overall. He needs to adapt to what he has. Same as when he first came. He identified what would work with what he had. He made Bobby the 9 and augmented our player to accommodate him first with he Fab 4 of Llalana, Mane, Couts Bobby and Ox as well.
    Indeed. Klopp needs to become a realist here and adapt to this current malaise. Can’t sleepwalk into heavy defeats like that too often.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Even when he got near their players which was a rare occasion he couldn’t get a tackle in. His legs look shattered. The front 3 aren’t squeezing the play either. Total system collapse compounded by not recognising it and dropping off a bit deeper to are least sent them chances to run clear at our back 2 while we figure out how to solve it. We look broken
    Playing with a 100 year old and Elliot who offers nothing contributed as well. Fabinho looked snit on Saturday after Klopp subbed Firmino on and left him alone with Elliot in midfield. He was never there because he was so isolated. Tonight also had that feeling. He was absolute shite but was the only player in midfield.

Even when he got near their players which was a rare occasion he couldn’t get a tackle in. His legs look shattered. The front 3 aren’t squeezing the play either. Total system collapse compounded by not recognising it and dropping off a bit deeper to are least sent them chances to run clear at our back 2 while we figure out how to solve it. We look broken
    Is it too many games? Too many games with too many of the same players? The same group that's been worked like dogs for years?
    Or is it something else?
    I feel we've relied on the same group for too long and now its biting us.

That bentacur would have been absolutely ideal for us. Brilliant player. I’m absolutely glued to him every time I see spurs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Owen pointing out Fab assuming the position of CB, it being a good position, then having a rush of blood vacating that position leaving a gaping hole as he did v Newcastle for Isaaks goal and if he'd just stayed put, their second goal never happens, exactly the same thing

Looks like our Michael Owen has been reading here too, about time the wankfest over Fab not being Hendo, our Captain Fatastic, our only Captain to win every single trophy available ti us, who took the armband after Gerrard, was called time on, it's fucking long overdue, he got found out half way through his first season, and once we could no longer use him as a high destroyer, all we had left was a distinctly average and error prone No6 for 40m

Bravo Michael, high time that bitter Carra did some Fab analysis on Owen's distinction on MNF
    If both centrebacks did their jobs there would be no need for him to be in there.
    Our back four have been worse ( If that's possible) than our makeshift midfield this season.

This is a very good point , they all look shattered , literally like they have been on the piss all week, Robertson , Fabinho , VVD , Trent , firmino , all hugely laboured

Part of the problem tonight, for me, was that many of the players looked exhausted.
    That could have been due, in part, to the humid conditions.
    Consider how many intensive games this group of players have had in the past three to four seasons. Without too much rest, because we don't have that much rotation available.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Indeed. Klopp needs to become a realist here and adapt to this current malaise. Can’t sleepwalk into heavy defeats like that too often.
    Well the words he used. Reinvent ourselves. So I hope he means it. He doesn't have workhorses in Gini and Hendo anymore, Hendo is here but is gone physically. Fabinho was motm for me against Bournmeouth but he has also not been good enough overall.

Klopp needs to give Jones an extended run when he is back. He for me is physically further ahead of Elliot. Though Elliot will be a better player overall.

What Klopp needs to work in is the old adage become hard to beat. With Jones, Elliot and Carvalho I feel u can squeeze an extra man into midfield without losing creativity. 1 of the front 2 can still give widt as well as the 10 and 8 depending on the type of midfield 4 u play. Also let the Fullbacks focus on the back part and first be defenders. Also be ruthless in changing players. Salah and Van Dijk need a breather. Think we can salvage this season. Ileven if it is just from a freshness point of view for next season. Players need rest. Trent, Salah, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Hendo

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is it too many games? Too many games with too many of the same players? The same group that's been worked like dogs for years?
    Or is it something else?
    I feel we've relied on the same group for too long and now its biting us.
    This. They shattered mentally more. The human mind is blown more than the body