Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Subjective/subjectivity

Subjective/subjectivity

based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Sorry, commentators and the kind of dim wits who lap up all the media adverse CBT bullshit the purpose of which is to normalise things we should all find completely unacceptable can go boil their heads

Subjective or subjectivity is not applicable to so many of the situations and decisions it is being used as an excuse for and the definition of the word itself can readily be translated as giving decisions for or against teams based on or influenced by your personal feelings, tastes, or opinions, or in other words bias
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So you finally agree Fabinho is our best midfielder. It took a while but you got there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Sorry, commentators and the kind of dim wits who lap up all the media adverse CBT bullshit the purpose of which is to normalise things we should all find completely unacceptable can go boil their heads

Subjective or subjectivity is not applicable to so many of the situations and decisions it is being used as an excuse for and the definition of the word itself can readily be translated as giving decisions for or against teams based on or influenced by your personal feelings, tastes, or opinions, or in other words bias
    No wonder every other set of fans likes to laugh at us and sticks the boot in.
    Go back to last season and see how many decisions went in our favour. Nobody was complaining about refs or VAR then. We have had some go against us but like injuries so has every other team.
    It just makes you sound bitter and delusional. We are where we are. Theres 3 instances where we've been robbed. Yesterday on the first goal,Everton and Brighton. So that 4 or possibly 6/7 points. Other teams can more than likely say the same. We robbed Fulham of 2 points getting a penalty that shouldn't have been given.
    VAR and refs have nothing to do with how this team is currently performing.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Go back to last season and see how many decisions went in our favour. Nobody was complaining about refs or VAR then. We have had some go against us but like injuries so has every other team.
    It just makes you sound bitter and delusional. We are where we are. Theres 3 instances where we've been robbed. Yesterday on the first goal,Everton and Brighton. So that 4 or possibly 6/7 points. Other teams can more than likely say the same. We robbed Fulham of 2 points getting a penalty that shouldn't have been given.
    I do think we get reffed differently in all the little decisions in games too which don’t provide match changing moments but add an uphill struggle to our games. Not all games mind but there’s games where we literally get nothing that isn’t blatant and the opposition get frees for tiny touches or hands on shoulders. Look what salah is subjected to every week without getting frees. Don’t believe in any conspiracy type stuff but there’s definitely some sort of bias in some of our games

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I do think we get reffed differently in all the little decisions in games too which don’t provide match changing moments but add an uphill struggle to our games. Not all games mind but there’s games where we literally get nothing that isn’t blatant and the opposition get frees for tiny touches or hands on shoulders. Look what salah is subjected to every week without getting frees. Don’t believe in any conspiracy type stuff but there’s definitely some sort of bias in some of our games
    Salah and Mane both have a rep for going down easily, that goes against them for sure.
    All teams could alledge to being hard done by , its part and parcel of the game tye same as injuries are and I think as a group we are starting to sound a bit pathetic moaning about it. Weve had some bad luck with injuries but we should acknowledge the good luck we have had the few seasons prior to that whilst other sides have had injuries to key players.

Its detracting from the real issues. Like you said on another thread we dominate teams most games, its just we are not creating anything at all. Aside from a moment of brilliance from Salah yesterday we never looked like scoring despite our dominance of posession.

Good post Tees.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Salah and Mane both have a rep for going down easily, that goes against them for sure.
    All teams could alledge to being hard done by , its part and parcel of the game tye same as injuries are and I think as a group we are starting to sound a bit pathetic moaning about it. Weve had some bad luck with injuries but we should acknowledge the good luck we have had the few seasons prior to that whilst other sides have had injuries to key players.

Its detracting from the real issues. Like you said on another thread we dominate teams most games, its just we are not creating anything at all. Aside from a moment of brilliance from Salah yesterday we never looked like scoring despite our dominance of posession.
    Yep in fairness I do agree. Our own failings are causing us to magnify the reffing decisions that go against us because they are impacting games more and more because A. We can’t score and B. We can’t defend. Not a very good combination to try defend a league title with.

Go on the forum of any struggling team (Arsenal and Spurs spring to mind) and you’ll find fans complaining about how badly they’re treated by VAR and referees in general. It’s human nature.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Reality check needed. I think we've been getting a lot out of a little. Since last season restart we've not played well. Eventually you have to reset what playing well is. Can we play well?
    Good teams put defenders under pressure. Eventually mistakes come and goals follow. Too often we're involved in an opposition defensive master class or a game where the opposition keeper is man of the match. Both of these are due to lack of attacking ability.
    As for the rest of the season I don't Care. You have to take the lows with the highs unless you're Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. We have had 3 great years and if that comes at the expense of a shambles this year so be it. I think Klopp can get us back on the perch but it will take time and probably with a much changed team.

Great post.

Just 2 things though - I know it keeps being stated but I am not sure it’s 3 great years. Not in the history of the club.

Had a good run to the CL final in 17/18 - think Spurs 18/19.

Last 2 seasons:
    We were epic in 18/19
    Made of steel in 19/20