Page 64 of 136 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869707174114 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Quatar to LFC ?
    Looking increasingly likely that the ONLY sale will be to further US interest. Can't see either owner of the 2 biggest clubs relinquishing their money generation factories. Global reach of both clubs order of magnitude bigger than any 3 or 4 of the Biggest US sports franchises combined.

Surely it isn't too big a leap for us to understand why the 2 biggest clubs are reserved for owners from the same nation that has both terrorised and subjugated the middle east via the petrodollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Looking increasingly likely that the ONLY sale will be to further US interest. Can't see either owner of the 2 biggest clubs relinquishing their money generation factories. Global reach of both clubs order of magnitude bigger than any 3 or 4 of the Biggest US sports franchises combined.

Surely it isn't too big a leap for us to understand why the 2 biggest clubs are reserved for owners from the same nation that has both terrorised and subjugated the middle east via the petrodollar?
    Aren't half of the clubs in the premiership now USA owned - think its been mentioned on the forum in the past?
    Would be a small surprise to me if the Glazers sell to a UK chappy, even if its only 25%.

Yep red. Ratcliffe is the man who they can take the money from without losing control,

I think in America there is a sense that in three years time when they have the world cup there (is that right?) that there will be a boom of interest in soccer. And the value of clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd will rocket, because potential new American owners will want to get involved. I think that is why some of the Glazers want to hold on for another three years and get some of that big windfall.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think in America there is a sense that in three years time when they have the world cup there (is that right?) that there will be a boom of interest in soccer. And the value of clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd will rocket, because potential new American owners will want to get involved. I think that is why some of the Glazers want to hold on for another three years and get some of that big windfall.
    Interesting- didn't realise the USA are due to have the soccer world cup again.
    Their previous hosting didn't seem to do that well, if I recall correctly.

Shock horror - England get a penalty for Arry Kane to equalise v Italy. At Wemberly no less.

Well that’s a turn up for the books. I didn’t see that coming

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Shock horror - England get a penalty for Arry Kane to equalise v Italy. At Wemberly no less.

Well that’s a turn up for the books. I didn’t see that coming
    yeah after a great run by bellingham and a clear penno..... oh shit
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

How are england going to win anything with Phillips and Maguire starting????? against any decent team it's obvious
    #FSGOUT

Penalties- wake up lad

Big blow for newcastle with Tonali getting a ban soon..
    #FSGOUT