Page 63 of 115 FirstFirst ... 135356575859606162636465666768697073113 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I though Darwin was useless today, awful performance from him. I'm beginning to think Robbie Fowler is right about him and he'll never reach greatness.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    Nunez does good things. But botches the easy things. Think he had a part in a goal at the end, knocked down to Salah who teed up Endo. Also Trents goal he keeps it alive and floats a hanging ball into the box.

My verdict of him, he is not shite but he akdo not elite. He is goodish. Live his workrate though.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Nunez does good things. But botches the easy things. Think he had a part in a goal at the end, knocked down to Salah who teed up Endo. Also Trents goal he keeps it alive and floats a hanging ball into the box.

My verdict of him, he is not shite but he akdo not elite. He is goodish. Live his workrate though.
    He is totally unfathonable . Never gives up , must be a nightmare to defenders. Yes he goes for power more than finesse…he is what he is and I love him . Latest hair style questionable 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    He is totally unfathonable . Never gives up , must be a nightmare to defenders. Yes he goes for power more than finesse…he is what he is and I love him . Latest hair style questionable 🤨
    He looks like a woman boxer with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I though Darwin was useless today, awful performance from him. I'm beginning to think Robbie Fowler is right about him and he'll never reach greatness.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    I'll have to rewatch the highlights I saw (I didn't see the full game, couldn't get a stream) a couple of times to double-check that I'm not making a mistake in saying the following, but if memory serves -

- I think it was Darwin who put the ball around the corner for Szoboszlai to win the free-kick for Trent's first goal.

- I think it was Darwin who won the header from the long ball directed towards Salah for the 3rd goal.

- I think it was Darwin who was the quickest to react when Gakpo has a shot and he ends up getting the ball back into he box for the 4th goal.

He facilitates a lot. Firmino famously did too but in a completely different way and further back Heskey often facilitated others around him getting goals. Darwin is getting goals and assists too this season and at a good rate in spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'll have to rewatch the highlights I saw (I didn't see the full game, couldn't get a stream) a couple of times to double-check that I'm not making a mistake in saying the following, but if memory serves -

- I think it was Darwin who put the ball around the corner for Szoboszlai to win the free-kick for Trent's first goal.

- I think it was Darwin who won the header from the long ball directed towards Salah for the 3rd goal.

- I think it was Darwin who was the quickest to react when Gakpo has a shot and he ends up getting the ball back into he box for the 4th goal.

He facilitates a lot. Firmino famously did too but in a completely different way and further back Heskey often facilitated others around him getting goals. Darwin is getting goals and assists too this season and at a good rate in spells.
    Firmino wis brilliant. Heskey wis crap. Darwin is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Heard you the first time

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Firmino wis brilliant. Heskey wis crap. Darwin is neither.
    Disagree somewhat on Heskey - his later years and how he performed in them mean people overlook his contributions.

The list of players that have over 100 Premier League goals without scoring penalties is pretty short - Heskey is one of those few. His first season with Owen he was particularly good - had the physicality and could bring Michael into play and set him up - he definitely had confidence issues which had a negative impact on his game and the game in general evolved past those types of striking partnerships.

Also ended up getting 62 international appearances as well. It's relative of course - Firmino was a much better player - but I think Heskey gets somewhat underrated both by our own fans and those of rivals - both Michael Owen and Gabby Agbonlahor (different level I know) speak very highly of Emile.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Heard you the first time
    There’s that famous sense of humour again..

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Disagree somewhat on Heskey - his later years and how he performed in them mean people overlook his contributions.

The list of players that have over 100 Premier League goals without scoring penalties is pretty short - Heskey is one of those few. His first season with Owen he was particularly good - had the physicality and could bring Michael into play and set him up - he definitely had confidence issues which had a negative impact on his game and the game in general evolved past those types of striking partnerships.

Also ended up getting 62 international appearances as well. It's relative of course - Firmino was a much better player - but I think Heskey gets somewhat underrated both by our own fans and those of rivals - both Michael Owen and Gabby Agbonlahor (different level I know) speak very highly of Emile.
    Yep. 100% cock on. Would catogorise as effective rather than good. As I would Nunez.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side