Page 67 of 115 FirstFirst ... 175760616263646566676869707172737477 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

He's so amatuer... how many offsides?

New striker needed to win anything especially if salah goes

Gakpo doesn't impress me either.

Jota is the new Ox....

Shame if it worked out attack would be sorted mainly for years, but nope work to be done, aswell as a CB and CDM
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th December 2023 at 11:38 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He's so amatuer... how many offsides?
    Infuriating as that can be, it's not an uncommon thing.

I don't have the stats to hand right now, but David Villa was constantly caught offside in his Valencia years - I remember it being thrown up in a FourFourTwo mag I browsed in a hospital - he was the most frequently offside player in Europe at the time.

Decision-making in terms of when to pass and when to shoot would annoy me more. He had a couple of occurrences today where I felt a mid-long range shot at Onana was on and he didn't take it, opting instead to pass or hold onto it a bit more. In other games he has shot where a pass is on.

Work to do. Not all on him though - for example I am amazed how often crosses from Tsimikas or Trent are put in at head height rather than low into the space between keeper and back-line. A man with his pace could be running onto tap-ins with serious regularity if we were to mix the delivery up.

Th' laddie needs time. He'll be better neist seezin.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    Th' laddie needs time. He'll be better neist seezin.
    He's been here a season and a half and hasn't scored in 10 games. He got his chance starting on Sunday and did nothing against a ageing centre back pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    He's been here a season and a half and hasn't scored in 10 games. He got his chance starting on Sunday and did nothing against a ageing centre back pairing.
    Neither did Mo, Diaz and then Gakpo...
    Have faith, Captain Chaos is just waiting for the sharp end of the season to erupt!
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Klopp tends not to switch things. But i'd be happy to switch Nunez and Diaz. Diaz looks a better finisher than Nunez,, the disallowed goal against Palace. was an excellent finish.
    Nunez seems better running inside from the left and shooting,. its when hes central he tends to hit the goal keeper far to often. But Jurgen tends to keep players in their positions and thats it. Funny thing is though.. hes finally allowed Trent to go sometime in midfield in parts of matches.. when to me he'd be better going forward on the right and getting crosses in.

We try and get one of our midfielders across on the right at times. Like Szoboszlai and prior to that Elliot and further back we had Henderson. we did try and get crosses in from the right but they weren't great deliveries. Guess we need to get back to the drawing board and try better next time.
    Going back to Nunez. hes so frustrating with being caught offside. even against Low block teams they still manage to catch him out.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
    Nunez is never going to make it at Liverpool, not good enough technically or in terms of game intelligence. He looks all over the place in matches and despite having some appealing physical attributes its always going to play out like a busted flush due to his profligacy.
    Posted this exactly a year ago, no marked improvement since then. I'd get rid in the summer.

It’s not just Darwin

“Since returning from the international break Liverpool’s forwards have scored a combined 5 goals in 7 matches.

4 of those came against LASK“

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s not just Darwin

“Since returning from the international break Liverpool’s forwards have scored a combined 5 goals in 7 matches.

4 of those came against LASK“
    I read that stat earlier. Jota getting injured has been a downer.
    Gakpo needs to do more, after a promising start when we bought him he's not done enough. Has the odd good game. I guess it's hard when he's in and out all the time but there's only one way he'll change that situation.
    I don't think Nunez is going to change. He'll have a spell where he's on fire again but then have another like this now. He lacks consistency,not sure he'll be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Aye bit he didnae git great service. Th' whole team wis poor.