Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Tottenham v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I mean this is an example of people misunderstanding stats.

We could have a million goals disallowed and it wouldn't matter. What is interesting is not the absolute number of disallowed goals but rather how many of those goals were wrongly disallowed. There are other cool conclusions you can get from the data, but the implication "oh, VAR is screwing over LFC" is not one of them. At least not from the data provided in the tweet.
    What should have been the correct decision last night. Goal, free kick us, free kick them. Rules are a shambles.

Looking at it again - I guess there are multiple options: here are a few

1. If Bobby deliberately handballs it after accidental handball by Dier then FK to Spurs.
    2. If Bobby deliberately handballs it after Dier deliberately handballs it - FK to us.
    3. If Bobby accidentally handballs it after a deliberate Dier handball - Goal to us
    4. if both are accidental - Goal to us.

This is why VAR in this type of incident - is becoming a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    What should have been the correct decision last night. Goal, free kick us, free kick them. Rules are a shambles.
    I thought that but we all knew as soon as he was walking over to that screen there was no chance that goal was being given.
    Amazed we didnt get a red card.

The point I get from it is similar to the Utd penalty analogy. If it can be ruled out for us it most certainly will. If a penalty can be given to Utd it most certainly will.

I thought VAR got the Firmino handball spot on. It did lead to a goal. and he did control the ball with his arm.
    Other VAR stuff have been shit though..Still can't understand how T-rex arms got away with busting VVD knee to bits.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

According to the updated hand ball rules and VAR, that should not have been disallowed last night, the ball had travelled way further before the goal than should come under VAR scrutiny, it was near the halfway line ffs.
    I’m not even sure by the new interpretation that even if you consider there was no initial foul or handball by Dier and you think it was just deliberate hand ball, it should have been looked at. We had a lot to do do score the goal from where the apparent handball occurred

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I thought VAR got the Firmino handball spot on. It did lead to a goal. and he did control the ball with his arm.
    Other VAR stuff have been shit though..Still can't understand how T-rex arms got away with busting VVD knee to bits.
    Yeah I can see why it was give, but on the flipside the defender was all over him and the ball hit his arm first then onto Bobbys.
    It was a cracking goal too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Looking at it again - I guess there are multiple options: here are a few

1. If Bobby deliberately handballs it after accidental handball by Dier then FK to Spurs.
    2. If Bobby deliberately handballs it after Dier deliberately handballs it - FK to us.
    3. If Bobby accidentally handballs it after a deliberate Dier handball - Goal to us
    4. if both are accidental - Goal to us.

This is why VAR in this type of incident - is becoming a shit show.
    Does it matter if we score a goal after a handball whether it was accidental or not? I'm not sure how the rule is worded now. I thought that any sort of handball in the buildup means no goal.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Yeah I can see why it was give, but on the flipside the defender was all over him and the ball hit his arm first then onto Bobbys.
    It was a cracking goal too.
    It a mess in all aspects
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Does it matter if we score a goal after a handball whether it was accidental or not? I'm not sure how the rule is worded now. I thought that any sort of handball in the buildup means no goal.
    If Spurs had scored from it would the goal been give ? !!😂😂