Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Man Utd v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Their odds were very long, granted. But while it's mathematically plausible they shouldn't be relinquishing it.

They're singing about Jürgen "cracking up" at full-time when they have just gone from a win to a draw.

They are a mid-table. We however, are competitive. Level with this season's challengers, a point ahead of last season's Champions.

Hence - "perspective".
    I still have hope, and I'll never stop believing we can.

But I just can't help note and observe that yesterday the title - and more specifically whether we won it or not - was in our hands.
    It's not in our hands today.

If we both win all our remaining games - barring any unlikely massive goal-scoring wins on our side - Arsenal are champions.

If we both slip up, then it's more likely City don't and are champions.

We almost certainly have to be perfect or close to it and in addition hope for some help or a slip-up from at least Arsenal.

I hate being in this kind of position.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    He probably didn't start today because he took at knock in the last game and was probably injured or not deemed fit enough to start.

Everyone was complaining that Curtis Jones should have started ahead of Szoboslai who was just a disaster today but then when Jones was brought on as a sub for Szobo, it became immediately clear why he wasn't started ahead of Szobo despite the latter's awful form.

Jones was in even worse form.

Sometimes Klopp and the coaches see things in training that as fans don't see.

I'd still be curious to figure out why he feels it necessary to start and play Salah full games even when it's clear he's not just lacking form from his return from injury, but also because whatever form he has is surely further impacted by the Ramadan-necessited lack of solid food and water hunger than energy loss that you would imagine someone would be going through.

(and it shows in his energy levels during games or lack thereof)

Maybe it's just an indictment on Gakpo who should be getting that call to start ahead of Mo, were his form any better than it is.
    I was really in 2 minds as to whether we should start Gakpo ahead of Mo today, I think Mo’s been rank average in all his games since his return, making really poor decisions not finishing chances he knows he should be burying and we played miles better v Sheff UTD through bringing Gakpo on for him

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Their odds were very long, granted. But while it's mathematically plausible they shouldn't be relinquishing it.

They're singing about Jürgen "cracking up" at full-time when they have just gone from a win to a draw.

They are a mid-table. We however, are competitive. Level with this season's challengers, a point ahead of last season's Champions.

Hence - "perspective".
    Your perspective today.....

we've maybe reduced their odds of qualifying for the CL....

Today was about our title aspirations, their top4 aspirations are done.
    You're more deluded than their fans mocking Jurgen after today's result.

Win, lose or draw for them today, Villa & Spurs have better odds for top 4.

Manu were 6 points off Villa if the won both their games in hand, they were 9 points off spurs with 8 games to play each.
    In contrast we are now 3rd favourite for the league after today's result/outing.

They've dumped us out of the cup, potentially thwarted our title ambitions and we've lost a winning position 3 times in 2 games v them in the last few weeks.
    That's Jurgen Klopps LFC v ETH's yanited.

I was gutted when I saw the starting line up today, sometimes with football teams I think things happen just at the right time, I thought that last 20 minutes v Sheff UTD was one of those things & we should have continued with all but 1 or 2 of the players who finished that game as it just really clicked

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Your perspective today.....

we've maybe reduced their odds of qualifying for the CL....

You're more deluded than their fans mocking Jurgen after today's result.
    You're twisting my "perspective" comment massively and I think you know it.

I'm saying I would rather be a competitive side (we are) than be an upper mid-table side that is more obsessed with denying their opponents than bettering themselves.

Standards at Man United have massively fallen. That draw they got today and a win in a Cup game in a tournament where they will likely eventually lose in a Final to their city rivals are the highlights of their season.

It is great that we are nothing whatsoever like them.

Does not for a single second mean that their situation was my priority of focus today, but equally doesn't mean I can't mention their situation as an aside.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Flow of game has no impact on xg.
    It's similar opportunities to score (categorised) & the probability of scoring from those different types of chances based on the statistical record.
    All this xg bollox is the biggest load of shite to be introduced to football ever !!
    If your granny had balls she'd be your granda !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I was gutted when I saw the starting line up today, sometimes with football teams I think things happen just at the right time, I thought that last 20 minutes v Sheff UTD was one of those things & we should have continued with all but 1 or 2 of the players who finished that game as it just really clicked
    Having Trent, Kanote, and Jota in the starting line up would've made a huge difference.

I still have hope, and I'll never stop believing we can.

But I just can't help note and observe that yesterday the title - and more specifically whether we won it or not - was in our hands.
    It's not in our hands today.
    Yeah, it not being fully in our hands now is pretty rubbish - we certainly aren't catching Arsenal's goal difference given how stern their defence is and their ability to get 5 goals or more in a game at times.

Still - we'd have definitely taken this situation at the start of the season. Could so easily have been a slog for qualifying for the Champion's League given we were set to try and settle a new midfield unit in, then Matip gets injured and so on.

We've done well overall - certainly harder to see it that way this evening and particularly annoying to have relinquished a winning position - but we're still in with a very realistic shout.

He probably didn't start today because he took at knock in the last game and was probably injured or not deemed fit enough to start.

Everyone was complaining that Curtis Jones should have started ahead of Szoboslai who was just a disaster today but then when Jones was brought on as a sub for Szobo, it became immediately clear why he wasn't started ahead of Szobo despite the latter's awful form.

Jones was in even worse form.

Sometimes Klopp and the coaches see things in training that as fans don't see.

I'd still be curious to figure out why he feels it necessary to start and play Salah full games even when it's clear he's not just lacking form from his return from injury, but also because whatever form he has is surely further impacted by the Ramadan-necessited lack of solid food and water hunger than energy loss that you would imagine someone would be going through.

(and it shows in his energy levels during games or lack thereof)

Maybe it's just an indictment on Gakpo who should be getting that call to start ahead of Mo, were his form any better than it is.
    Salah cant give his all due to lack of food. He clearly cant perform to the level he should be during this period. Jones always takes time to get going after injury. Robertson & Szlob havent looked right since returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Salah cant give his all due to lack of food. He clearly cant perform to the level he should be during this period. Jones always takes time to get going after injury. Robertson & Szlob havent looked right since returning.
    Robbo was great v Sheffield UTD Mo not making those outside in runs into the box like the ones all 3 forwards were making from the RFWD position when in it in the last 25 minutes v Sheff UTD limited what Robbo was able to create today, his ball for Gakpo making such a run from the RFWD position for our third goal was sublime, Mo never makes the runs for Robbo to do that