Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Atalanta

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    Couldn't watch the game, but it appears that we set up to save players for the league. Curtis (especially after injury) and Harvey felt a little lightweight though, and I think that cost us when everyone else around was under par. The attack has also gone from being direct to tricky, but lacking end product (Salah has managed to disguise his ability to miss sitters in the past by scoring worldies - now he seems a yard short of pace, perhaps that is now more obvious - or perhaps it's just a form thing who knows.)
    In any case, we need to breathe take a cold shower, reset, concentrate on thumping palace to get momentum for Italy.
    Maybe this is what we needed?
    Hope so - and it's no small mercy that we play again Sunday.

Palace won't be easy BUT we have to get back on the horse. Banish the thought of this humbling defeat and make a statement with a big win.

"A blip" - as Whiskey nose called it. The league or bust - that's how it looks now.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    In other words, don't be putting 50p in the dickhead.
    Wise words Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by fiordearg View Post
    I don't think we ever played so badly under Klopp. We were neutralised everywhere on the pitch. We badly needed a Henderson or Milner to throw a few f#cks into the lads.
    Also feel this us lacking, Robbo who is one of the seniors and Mo think they more quieter leaders but also can't shout much if you not making passes, shots yourself. Also Virgil he cajole alot but doesn't seem like they listening to him. This group maybe needs some more rugged leaders, Endo I think and Szoboszlai are national captains so you would think that we had 5 national captains out there but yet we looked devoid.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Kelleher again to blame. ball comes out of his arms and lands like 2 foot in front of him. we need a better back up keeper in the summer.
    Stunned you are blaming Caomhin. I am sure he will be disappointed but …if not for him it would be o-5 . Look elsewhere for your criticism, you needn’t look far !

By far our worst display in any of the defeats that really mattered this season.
    In the PL, lost to Spurs whilst playing with 9 men in virtually the last kick of the game.Appalling, inept officiating for the whole match
    Lost at Arsenal, gifted them a 2nd goal through bad communication of two of our most experienced players in VVD and Alisson. Had a red card and then conceded a 3rd.
    FA Cup- lost to a last kick of the game at Utd as at Spurs in the PL.

Factors that have been consistent are us not taking as many chances as we create. Hope Jota can improve that plus a kick up the hoop for Salah and Nunez.
    Danger is it appears belief is perhaps lacking which is contributing to the team looking lethargic.
    THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER.
    Let's whack Palace for lots of goals. What will be, will be in the Atlanta second leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Again totally agree. Klopps last season in Dortmund was similar outcome. Finishing 7th in the league and winning the DFL Super Cup.
    So you think we're finishing 7th and out of Champions league places?

Because that's the only way that comparison even remotely makes any rational sense.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Stunned you are blaming Caomhin. I am sure he will be disappointed but …if not for him it would be o-5 . Look elsewhere for your criticism, you needn’t look far !
    You think hes gonna be first choice when Alisson is not fit or leaves??
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Has for being disappointed. he can go and be disappointed some place else if he carries on looking hes has gonna make errors , which he always will. nothing to chose between him and Adrian, Adrian is slightly worse but is always prone to errors as well. Kelleher is not a back up keeper.. (from my point of view)
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Spot on, can’t believe the criticism he is getting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    So you think we're finishing 7th and out of Champions league places?

Because that's the only way that comparison even remotely makes any rational sense.
    My point In his last season at Dortmund when everyone knew he was leaving his team finished 7th in the league and won a trophy called DFL Super Cup. I believe we will now finish third in the league and only won the one trophy.