Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

“They become an Arabs plaything then.“

Reaches for the popcorn

And 5,4,3,2,1……….

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    Sid it's like a ponzi scheme some president along the line bears the burden of it.
    More than likely - though can't find anything to praise in that from a meritocratic perspective.

EDIT - have had to type this out again as my original response vanished when I attempted to edit it, which seems to happen once every few months - an "Invalid" message comes up - is this a phone version of site issue or does it apply to web version too?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    “They become an Arabs plaything then.“

Reaches for the popcorn

And 5,4,3,2,1……….
    Ah go on miller... you wrote this to stop such an event surely..

This is much better. should get a few actually thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Ah go on miller... you wrote this to stop such an event surely..

This is much better. should get a few actually thinking..

I mean this sincerely - are these videos you occasionally link to back up / give context to your points ever short?

Between the conservation work, the wildlife stuff, my work, the dogs and being as available as I can for struggling pals, 19 minutes and 50 seconds when I get a very limited amount of Data a month and am rarely truly hands-free between the dog leads/camera gear/camping equipment (and sleep naturally!) is a big commitment of time for what is casual/informal chat on a forum.

Why would anyone want to play here?

Small stadium upgrade then. €1.5 Billion

Anfield puts that dump to shame.
    Look how much money FSG have pumped into us.
    Real Madrid - sponsored by the Spanish Government.
    Barcelona - sponsored by Spotify.
    Liverpool - backed financially by FSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I mean this sincerely - are these videos you occasionally link to back up / give context to your points ever short?

Between the conservation work, the wildlife stuff, my work, the dogs and being as available as I can for struggling pals, 19 minutes and 50 seconds when I get a very limited amount of Data a month and am rarely truly hands-free between the dog leads/camera gear/camping equipment (and sleep naturally!) is a big commitment of time for what is casual/informal chat on a forum.
    Sorry to have kept you - I guess your time is just too important for such trivia..

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Anfield puts that dump to shame.
    Look how much money FSG have pumped into us.
    Real Madrid - sponsored by the Spanish Government.
    Barcelona - sponsored by Spotify.
    Liverpool - backed financially by FSG.
    Yep - them dozy Catalans should have taken a leaf out of our book - saved a shite load...gone for the corrugated Iron and faux red brick look on half the ground.. job done...

Would have been way better innit

Sorry to have kept you - I guess your time is just too important for such trivia..
    Not at all, I didn't mean to shun it in any way. I'm not close-minded to better understanding your Worldview, just curious (if it's available - it may not be) to doing so in a shorter format, rather than these monologues delivered by folks with a laptop and a background for example.

I appreciate that some subjects (film critic stuff as an example) does tend to naturally lend itself to a longer format, so it may be that these videos simply aren't around in a more digestible 2-5 minute format on account of nuance, facts and context all being covered - but I was curious.

Hang on - you’re not closed minded on my world view BUT anything more than 2-5 minutes is an issue… Ok mate.

I’ll let you deal with that one.

The fact that you reduce that video - delivered for US consumption - as belonging to “ these monologues delivered by folks with a laptop and a background”. highlights precisely the problem. And why so many know so little about the actual game at play.

It’s actually a brilliantly simple and wickedly accurate summary of everything that has happened. Every bit of it is verifiable too.

Go on Sid - I dare you. watch it and see what happens.

Jeremie Frimpong linked for around £33m - could see us going for that.