Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Notts Forest

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Szoboszlai is to passive for me... he always needs to pass the ball. just do something different like a jinking run and take a shot... he was the biggest let down yesterday..
    Other than his first couple of games with us, he's been a big disappointment. He's like our new Joe Allen in that he is a bit of a 'nothing player'.

He lacks intensity & tries to be too fancy Dan & does the Curtis Jones safety dance routine far too often of playing a nothing easy sideways or backwards ball rather than the one that’s on to create a chance or release a player

Slot needs to stick with the shortest number of passes to score & create chances when it’s on to do so, I find it absolutely fucking ridiculous when we pass up so many opportunities to create a goal or chance playing a nothing ‘Ooh got to look after my passing stats’ ball

Quote Originally Posted by RedMagic View Post
    This problem has existed for a few years now. The manager and the players need to change things up instead of doing the same things over and over again expecting a different result to occur.

Another problem we've had for years is that our midfield doesn't add enough in terms of goals and the ability to get in behind the backline of a well organised and resolute defence.
    Exactly. This isn’t new or particularly on Slot, although it’s something he needs to address.

I wasn’t confident before the game yesterday, whilst everyone around me was speculating about how many we’d score. Hard to find any positives, but Slot seeing that performance can’t do any harm.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Just got the Wolves v Newcastle game on in the background and Newcastle have come from 1-0 down to 2-1 up, with two screamers from outside the box.

Which made me think … I don’t recall anyone having a go from distance yesterday as a way of attempting to break down their low block. Why??

A number of recent articles have highlighted the fact that the number of shots taken from outside the box in the PL have become fewer and fewer over recent years.

As a whole I think this has been because of the move towards more possession based and safety first football, something that has come from the success of the likes of the Spanish national side and Guardiola's sides.

Not only do I think that we've been instructed not to attempt many, if any long range shots on goal, but I also think that we simply don't have players with the talent or inclination to 'have a pop'.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Exactly. This isn’t new or particularly on Slot, although it’s something he needs to address.

I wasn’t confident before the game yesterday, whilst everyone around me was speculating about how many we’d score. Hard to find any positives, but Slot seeing that performance can’t do any harm.
    I thought this Slot bloke was supposed to be "ruthless". The fact that salah and soblinski or whatever he's called stayed on the pitch for 90 mins is shameful.
    That Hungarian is absolutely w*nk.

Problem is now, every other team will see that shock result and study the game and how to play us
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Problem is now, every other team will see that shock result and study the game and how to play us
    We've had so many similar episodes over the past seasons they won't necessarily have to study anything - it's been happening to us for years!

Not so sure about that. Not at Anfield. Has happened yes but let’s not forget:

Klopp led Liverpool to a club-record 68 consecutive league matches unbeaten at Anfield. The Reds were unbeaten in the Premier League at home for three years and 272 days between April 2017 and January 2021.

It wouldn't have mattered who was in charge of Saturday's team! If nobody can pass a ball to each other it makes little difference if we play high tempo direct stuff or methodical build-up.

Szobo was terrible, but there was a malaise throughout the side. The passing was absolutely abysmal. I've not seen us as sloppy with ball for a long time.

I did think Forest played well though. Sometimes, you have to give the opposition a bit of credit.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side