Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : AC Milan v Liverpool

We seem to have quite a few Tuesday night fixtures in the new CL format. Should help with greater rest before any PL games the following Saturday.

Great result that after the result on Saturday.
    Feeling confident again for Saturday.

Yep, just came on to say the same Ian. Considering how poor they were on Saturday and the sloppy start last night, what came after was a really good sign.

They had the mentality to turn it round and dominate Milan with some very good performances.

The midfield has had two dominant performances in the last 3, away at Utd and Milan.

What they have to do now is find a solution to the low block break away merchants who will turn up to Anfield week after week.

Bournemouth mind, do tend to be a bit more open than the average outside the top 6 or 7, they try and play which should give us more space to work.

Confident for Saturday, think we’ll show Forest was a blip.

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    Ok. We've had a decent start, but reality has bitten in .This is a season of change and regrouping.
    Shows what I know. I'm going to put this comment down to my birthday drinks...

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The midfield has had two dominant performances in the last 3, away at Utd and Milan.

What they have to do now is find a solution to the low block break away merchants who will turn up to Anfield week after week.
    Indeed.

When it comes to individual players, I'm not sure Szoboszlai (who can be frustrating with his pass selection) will be the best for picking proverbial locks.

At some point we may consider (in a match where Mac, Grav and Szob all start) having Szoboszlai be deeper for a bit and letting Mac Allister be the midfielder who most regularly gets close to goal as he is much better in this regard.

When we have lads back we can potentially tinker with double-pivot combinations with a view to getting Mac Allister or Elliott behind a striker, or even use Jota behind someone (Núñez or even Gakpo?) as his passing the ball forward is usually very good.

Yep, those near the bottom teams usually have one or two 'Cup final' games a season. Saturday was Forest's turn. Expect them to be shite in their next league game after their exertions at the weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by redgold View Post
    Ok. We've had a decent start, but reality has bitten in .This is a season of change and regrouping.
    Shows what I know. I'm going to put this comment down to my birthday drinks...

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Yep, those near the bottom teams usually have one or two 'Cup final' games a season. Saturday was Forest's turn. Expect them to be shite in their next league game after their exertions at the weekend....
    Forrest have been a bogey team for us for eons. I am not using that as an excuse for Saturdays poor showing but the fact is - even our greatest ever sides often struggled with that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Forrest have been a bogey team for us for eons. I am not using that as an excuse for Saturdays poor showing but the fact is - even our greatest ever sides often struggled with that lot.
    I thought so too. Was surprised to see that they hadn’t won at anfield since 1969 despite them having a couple of great sides themselves in the 80s.

And apart from last season we hadn’t won a league game v them at the City Ground since 1984… They have been a horrid bunch for us since Paisley’s day