Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 293233343536373839404142434445464989 ... LastLast

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Fingers crossed then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'd have loaned Gomez out in 2020 and 2021 if necessary, and said so at the time and i would have bitten Stevie's hand off when he tried to do everyone at Liverpool a favour by buying him for 30m in the summer just gone too

There were targets we had who had the necessary skill sets
    We've moved past loaning him out. That didn't happen.

What coaching would you do with him now?

Incredible leap for his second (and our fifth) goal - we have seen Ronaldo leap like that a number of times, but so few in World Football have a vertical like that.

Brilliant stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Incredible leap for his second (and our fifth) goal - we have seen Ronaldo leap like that a number of times, but so few in World Football have a vertical like that.

Brilliant stuff.
    Starting to play the Mane role more like mane played it, needs to make more and better runs in behind from the cues of trent Virgil or Hendo receiving the ball in certain positions, but getting there

And I believe I was the very first person here to advocate developing him in the LFWD role initially, you're welcome
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

14 goals and 4 assists in 1900ish minutes of play.

Young, new language, new League - and a side having a poor season by their sky-high standards.

Bodes well. The lad is just 23 and the sky is the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Certainly starting to look better each game.

Alisson, Bajcetic, Nunez probably the only 3 that have had a more than acceptable season.
    Robertson, Bobby (before injury) Thiago and Diaz at the start too .

The rest have been way below previous levels.
    24th February....
    Getting to a certainly satisfactory 1st season.
    Goals per minute better than Salah.

Salah too, not too shabby 22 goals 11 assists.

A fox in the box the size of a bear, Darwiniest Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Starting to play the Mane role more like mane played it, needs to make more and better runs in behind from the cues of trent Virgil or Hendo receiving the ball in certain positions, but getting there

And I believe I was the very first person here to advocate developing him in the LFWD role initially, you're welcome
    But he isn’t Mane, he is a Nunez. And Mané himself made way on the right for Mo.

There are so many different ways to play, so many different players too and we need to explore that thinking or we become imminently fathomable

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But he isn’t Mane, he is a Nunez. And Mané himself made way on the right for Mo.

There are so many different ways to play, so many different players too and we need to explore that thinking or we become imminently fathomable
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

The general idea of a working system of play is to recruit players who can play the roles as they have been defined first and foremost, for continuity and automation, to not upset other working parts of the machinery, but bring their own unique qualities to them, you're such a knob at times, i'm sure you know fine well what I mean and just wilfully misinterpret things to deliberately be a pr1ck, just because I've called out your fantasy pin up poster boy Thiago
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”