Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112
Results 1,111 to 1,119 of 1119

Thread: Darwin Nunez

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    As I said, I know I won't convert you - and of course I'll defend him, given the club he plays for.

I do like to add stats for analysis for all to see and our chat (and the breathing space of being outside of the League season) is a decent chance for that when there's a reprieve in the League schedule.

Darwin's 0.48 goals per 90' in the League (11 goals) puts him in the 94th percentile.

Darwin's 0.35 assists per 90' in the League (8 assists) puts him in the 95th percentile.

Darwin's 0.84 goals+assists per 90' (19 goal contributions) put him in the 96th percentile.

Darwin's 0.66 xG per 90' (14.86 expected goals) put him in the 98th percentile.

He's effective. Would further improvement from our 24-year old forward be welcome? Of course it would. Will be be our #9 for years? Not if he doesn't perform - football is ruthless, so you may be rid of him soon enough.

But he certainly has the potential to be a very useful part of our attacking force. Indeed, whilst he still has further to go (he "should" have had 15 League goals this season based off his xG, rather than 11) but he has as much chance of making it as he does of botching it - I believe he's on the cusp.
    Top red

I'd rather we get rid and replace him with someone that can score from 6 yrds out for the sake of the club and the future of it, i'd rather liverpool FC do better.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Top red

I'd rather we get rid and replace him with someone that can score from 6 yrds out for the sake of the club and the future of it, i'd rather liverpool FC do better.
    Anyone in mind?

Another goal against Bolivia - think that's 10 in his last 9 internationals, 3 assists in that as well.

Also the second match in a row where our right-footed striker has scored with his left foot.

Hopefully continues to have a good tournament and can carry this form/confidence into the start of our League season.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Another goal against Bolivia - think that's 10 in his last 9 internationals, 3 assists in that as well.

Also the second match in a row where our right-footed striker has scored with his left foot.

Hopefully continues to have a good tournament and can carry this form/confidence into the start of our League season.
    You're trying a bit hard here, even Ngog could score if he had the team he has around him against the mighty Bolivia.

hopefully you'll have your wish and we sign a top fsg bargain unknown CB from North korea, and don't sign anyone else

if we don't sign anyone up front, we'll keep drifting away until we're fighting for top 4 and the only way is down.....
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th June 2024 at 04:35 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

We scored 78 league goals. That's decent when you factor in injuries to Jota. I do think we could do better than Nunez but judging by what people on the likes of the Anfield wrap say he's going nowhere.
    It's the 42 we conceded that needs working on. No CB signed for five years. That's a fucking joke.
    A proper DM will also see an improvement I'd expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You're trying a bit hard here, even Ngog could score if he had the team he has around him against the mighty Bolivia.

hopefully you'll have your wish and we sign a top fsg bargain unknown CB from North korea, and don't sign anyone else

if we don't sign anyone up front, we'll keep drifting away until we're fighting for top 4 and the only way is down.....
    You seem disgruntled that a fellow Red is pleased to see one of our forwards in good form.

He can't stop scoring for Uruguay just now and whilst that guarantees absolutely nothing, it's much better than him having had (for example) 10 games on the spin for them without a goal.

I do want us to add a forward (right-sided for me) and I do want us to spend, but keep projecting your hyperbolic misunderstandings of what I want for our transfer window if it gives you a buzz.

He’s doing brilliant for Uruguay AND he was our biggest threat for long spells last season.

No he isn’t the finished article by any means - still raw as Fook - and he will probably never be a prolific consistent finisher but the guy some unique qualities. Personally I love him regardless.

I can see both sides of the arguments on Darwin it has to be said BUT Bolivia are a tougher nut to crack than Slovenia and certainly than Englands lovely gimmie pick - Slovakia.

Bielsa’s a very good coach, having a full torment working with him may welll do the lad the power of good and see him come back firing